addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Need Vet Recommendation for Ear Hematoma

Need Vet Recommendation for Ear Hematoma

Katherine N.
user 12853672
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
Good Morning All,
I would like to get a Vet recommendation for my little pittie. She appears to have an ear hematoma on her ear. I like in South Austin and would like to try and find a vet that has supported Love-A-Bull and is standard in their pricing.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kat
A former member
Post #: 1
Kat,

I'm not sure how far south you are, but Dr. Mockler at Oak Hill Veterinary Clinic has been both an advocate and great help to Love-A-Bull. I'm certain there are others but it sounds like she fits your criteria.

The contact us page has hours and phone number. They're located right near the Y in Oak Hill.

Hope this helps!
Katherine N.
user 12853672
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
Thanks Leah! I just made an appointment. I apologize for my nearly incompressible post this morning. I shouldn't try to communicate before I finish at least one cup of coffee.
Katherine N.
user 12853672
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Leah, best vet recommendation ever!!! Love the Vet and love her staff! She was super patient and spoke about the procedure in a clear and understandable way. Dakin's surgery is on Friday. While I am still nervous about the surgery, I am utterly confident in the Vet. Thanks again!!!
A former member
Kat, I'm so glad to hear it. The staff has been amazing and we've heard nothing but good comments. I hope the financial aspect worked out too. :) Good luck with Dakin's surgery!
Tara
user 4517587
Austin, TX
Dr Mockler is awesome! I just wanted to comment because I have fostered a Pittie for almost a year now that has chronic Ear Hematoma - we drained it once then when it came back we switched to preventing it. He is now on Vetromax ointment once a day and a grain free diet (Nature's Domain Salmon only 32.00 for a 35 LB bag at Costco) In our case it was caused by allergies which caused him to constantly shake his head and scratch his ear... Keep us posted on what works for Dakin!