addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Looking for training for my 9mo pitbull!

Looking for training for my 9mo pitbull!

Christine O.
user 14160000
San Marcos, TX
Post #: 1
Hey everyone! I have a 9 mo old female pitbull that I want to put in training. Preferably one on one. Major issues include overly protective/ aggressive of balls, and jumping on people. If anyone has information on people or places that they used, all would help. I work full time and soon I'll be in school full time on top of work so I was looking to start sometime this month. I'd rather not do class type training with other dogs b I feel one on one may be more beneficial. But let me know your thoughts!
Phyllis
user 13860562
Marble Falls, TX
Post #: 1
I've got 2 pit mix puppies and one of them was a terror around other dogs. They have both gone through classes with Jess at SouthPaws and she is awesome. She's a certified trainer and does individual classes (I believe). It's on South Lamar.

My little terror was dog aggressive and after the first class, she became very manageable. She has graduated Basic training and I've even been able to have another dog over to the house for playtime.
Meghan
MeghanT
Austin, TX
Post #: 51
We recommend several trainers:

Jess Wilson: www.k9savvy.com
Crystal Dunn: www.leapsnhounds.com
Trish Jones: www.austinconfidentcanine.com
Tara Stermer: www.trainingbytara.com

All are available for consults, and are pit-friendly.