Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › I need to rehome my ten year old pitbull

I need to rehome my ten year old pitbull

A former member
Post #: 1
I have a ten year old neutered pitbull that needs to be rehomed. He needs yard and to be with someone that has the time to care for him. He is used to being outside and inside. He is good with cats and small animals but sometimes tends to get grumpy with other dogs. I had to sell my house and now Im in an apartment and he is stuck in the bathroom all day because I work and go to school. I might have to move again and cant take him with me. He is still very active considering his age and is not distructive at all. If someone would like a sweet boy to have fun with and has a yard please let me know. I will supply his food and what other needs he might have. Im worried sick about this but Im in such a financial bind I have no choice. He is also up to date on all his shots and heartworm/flea meds.

Lydia
LydiaZ
Austin, TX
Post #: 111
Angela, you don't need to re-home your ten year old pit bull. You need to stop being so selfish. If he's not destructive, then why do you lock him in a bathroom all day? A dog doesn't need a yard, he needs to not be traumatized by being re-homed IF you can find someone who wants a ten year old dog. If you want financial assistance for dog food, Love-A-Bull can help, but do not dump your dog.
Lydia
LydiaZ
Austin, TX
Post #: 112
Dogs are part of a family, period. You don't move without them, period. Here's a list of over 30 housing choices that do EXCEPT pit bulls: http://love-a-bull.or...­. I am not surprised that you were "vague" in your reason for giving up your dog because you don't have a good reason. Your initial posting claimed it was "financial," but claimed it would be better that he have a "yard." Now it's "maybe" you have to move in with "family," or "maybe" you can't find housing. Maybe you haven't looked. Sorry, but I have no respect for anyone that surrenders their dog. Whether you drop him in a shelter or give them to someone directly-- the result is the same. 2,000,000 pit bulls a year are dieing because irresponsible people like you cannot follow through with what should be a lifetime commitment-- the same as to a child. Even if you find a home, you take a space that could have went to a shelter dog. The math is the same-- there aren't enough homes-- and someone takes over YOUR responsibility. It is laughable that you think you are being responsible. Owner surrender is NOT responsible. Taking care of your dog properly for the rest of its life is responsible.
Christine W.
user 14012946
Austin, TX
Post #: 5
Trust me Angela I feel ya on the financial aspect its hard..When I was homeless I had 2 Pits unfortunately I was only able to keep one..Surrending Xena was the hardest thing I ever had to do but that was before I met the folks here, I try not to think about it. Pits are some of the most adaptable dogs I have ever seen..Pesci went from a 3 bedroom house with a huge yard to a motel room..guess what..she didn't care as long as we were there..I currently have a 2 year old brat that has the run of the house..He spends the weekday going from one bed to the next until we get home..There is no reason to lock the dog in the bathroom especially if he's not tearing anything up