addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Hope to find some answers?

Hope to find some answers?

Nikki
user 9456446
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
My boy, Shiner, has been suffering from seizures, which neither of his parents suffer from. He has been dealing with a very bad ear infection before he started to have the seizures. Last friday he had 5 of them with in 24 hours, 4 while i was at work. Took him to the vet and was put on meds to kick the ear infection, which is clearing up beautifully and Phenobarb for the seizures. Since then he has been peeing all over the house. Did some reading up on the Phenobarb and found out that excessive drinking and peeing are one of the side effects. Called the vet and they told me that the Prednisolone, an inflammatory, was the prob not the Phenobarb. What I am hoping is that some one here has a pit bull that suffers from seizures and can tell me what there pittie is on and/or how they deal with it? Also was wondering if anyone who had a pittie who had a bad ear infection, his was a yeast infection, that cause them to have seizures? Anything could help.
A former member
Post #: 4
My boy, Shiner, has been suffering from seizures, which neither of his parents suffer from. He has been dealing with a very bad ear infection before he started to have the seizures. Last friday he had 5 of them with in 24 hours, 4 while i was at work. Took him to the vet and was put on meds to kick the ear infection, which is clearing up beautifully and Phenobarb for the seizures. Since then he has been peeing all over the house. Did some reading up on the Phenobarb and found out that excessive drinking and peeing are one of the side effects. Called the vet and they told me that the Prednisolone, an inflammatory, was the prob not the Phenobarb. What I am hoping is that some one here has a pit bull that suffers from seizures and can tell me what there pittie is on and/or how they deal with it? Also was wondering if anyone who had a pittie who had a bad ear infection, his was a yeast infection, that cause them to have seizures? Anything could help.

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Sherry THeisen at Central Texas Vet Specialty Hospital...http://www.ctvsh.com/...­
you will need a referral from your vet...tell them Courtney sent you :) good luck...