addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Finding Apartments that allows Pitties

Finding Apartments that allows Pitties

Leslie
user 5051982
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
Windsor at Barton Creek, located at Mopac and 2244 in the SW corner of the intersection and hidden by large trees...

They have breed restrictions and pit bulls are not on the list. I asked several times, saw the list myself, and was told by the girls in the office that my dog would be welcome there. This was in November of 2008.

Hope this helps!!
Liz
user 9454848
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
I am actually moving back to Austin in a couple of weeks and have been looking around for a place to live. This will be the first time that my dog has been with me in Austin and finding a place is indeed a little harder with him. So far I have found one for sure place that has no restrictions (Sunrise Bluff Apts) and 2 that might take him pending an interview and mng approval (Woodstone and Forest Park). I called an apt locator today and the man was very rude and told me that no one in Austin would take him. I was pretty peeved, but I figure I don't need help from someone that would talk to me like that. If any one out there has any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. laughing
Lisa
user 9504169
Austin, TX
mackowski, I don't think your apartment can legally evict you if they didn't have you sign anything saying that pits weren't allowed and that you didn't own one. The duplex I'm renting actually had me sign a separate paper saying my dog was not a pit (yes it was a fib... she's listed as "terrier"). You might want to check your lease and pet agreement, although I'm sure you would save a lot of hassle by getting that vet note so I hope you can get one.

Before I moved here I live in an apartment in NE Austin called Salado at Walnut Creek. When I got Domino they didn't ask about her breed, they just wanted another deposit. I don't ever remember them saying anything about breed restrictions so if anyone's looking in that area it's worth looking into, it was a good place to live for the area.
Tara
user 4517587
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
I rent a house in South Austin and my landlord never asked what breed my dog was and only asked for a 200.00 non refundable deposit....
Eve R.
user 7743557
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
My landlady does not care about dog breeds, just wants a separate deposit for each pet and to meet them. I will have a room in my home open the second week in July. I have two dogs already (elderly), so if you have a dog-friendly pet (just one, 4 would be way too many), my space might work for you. It's a large house, really nice, great neighborhood. I'm looking for a great roomie!
Brooke S.
user 6947084
Austin, TX
I work in real estate and own a few houses in Austin. I don't always have vacancies, but check with me when you are looking for a place. We allow any breed, provided that the owner is responsible.

My contact info is:
Brooke Smith
512-658-3355
bsmith@cbunited.com

Jordann Y.
user 10292192
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
I've been told by a friend who owns a pit that her apartment, Stoney Ridge, has no breed restrictions, only a weight restriction of 50 lbs. However, they may not be too strict on that, as she also added that her dog weighs more than that but looks smaller than she is. They're located on South First Street, not too far from Zilker Park. Hope this helps someone!
WOLFSENT
user 8188794
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 2
Just in case anyone was still looking for apartments that allow pits. Iron Rock Ranch on Slaughter does not have breed restrictions. Although they do require a pet "interview" or a letter from your regular vet stating that the dog is not aggressive. Also, of course, there is a non refundable pet fee and a refundable pet deposit.
Called today...26 Oct., 2009. "woman" on the phone said they now have breed restrictions..these racists are as brainless as you will EVER find...
liliana h.
user 10721916
Austin, TX
the apts i currently live in ( venterra at bradford pointe) only have weight restrictions and ive seen a few pitties here...also some other apts im looking to move into called balcones woods allows all breeds and they only have a weight limit as well
A former member
I just adopted a little pit pup from Austin Pets Alive, and they needed a letter from our apartment management saying that her breed was okay. I was so nervous to go talk to them because I know a lot of places have restrictions. When I went to ask if it was okay for us to adopt a pit bull, she said that was fine, and there are no breed restrictions here, just a weight limit (50lbs). Huge relief. We live in the Townhollow Apts on South Lamar. It's so frustrating this is even an issue...