Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Finding Apartments that allows Pitties

Finding Apartments that allows Pitties

Christine W.
user 14012946
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
I just saw this on Craigslit, don't know anything about the property...
760 / 2br - Pit Bulls Can Live Here-I Have the Place for You-2br/1ba $760 (Northwest)

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--
Date: 2011-08-24, 11:13AM CDT
Reply to: hous-kezu7-2555929242@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­--

Tired of getting denied because you have a pit bull? I have the perfect NW apartment for you. A 2br/1ba renting for only $760 per mo. Hurry, this place is filling up fast

James Ware-Agent
Citywide Realty
512-775-4333
(ID#A0226)
Your referrals mean everything to me
and a gift card to you
Nina
user 17046131
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
I live in a complex owned by Roscoe Properties. Most of the UT campus area complexes are full but I think they may still have some units available around town. Their restrictions are basically ANY breed of dog that is LESS than 80lbs, plus the requirements below and no history of aggression (which would be listed by the vet on the health record). This is the only management company in Austin that I have found that actually allows BIG pitbulls, some will allow them but have crazy weight limits from 30lbs at some and 50 lbs at others. My dog is 70 pounds and it was really hard to find a place, they didn't have any kind of apprehension when I gave them the paperwork for him which was just a health certificate from his vet and his vaccine records from them. It was really simple after I finally found the place.

Try Roscoe Properties....I've only heard that they have a less limiting Pet Policy. I have not spoken to anyone there, yet....

http://www.roscoeprop...­

Here is their pet policy...

No more than 2 pets are allowed per apartment.
2. Current vaccination record and evidence of being spayed or neutered.
3. $300.00 deposit for each animal, plus an additional $15 per month pet rent per apartment. Total pet deposit may be in paid in two installments, 50 percent at time of move in and 50 percent with second months'' rent.
4 . We will accept dogs, cats, a small bird, a fish aquarium not to exceed 20 gallon capacity .
5 . Roscoe Properties does not accept dogs that exhibit any type of aggressive behavior.
6 . Unauthorized pets will result in a $100.00 fee and an additional $10.00/day until either the pet deposit
is paid (if the pet meets the above criteria) or the pet has been removed from the apartment.

Michelle
user 34754842
Austin, TX
Are there any updates on places in central/south/east austin that allow "pitbulls"? He is really an American Bull dog.. but we accidently put pitbull (obv when we werent sure what he was) on our vet papers. :/ Would love to stop hiding the poor thing at apartments that have restrictions.
Leah
user 13586387
Austin, TX
Post #: 9
Are there any updates on places in central/south/east austin that allow "pitbulls"? He is really an American Bull dog.. but we accidently put pitbull (obv when we werent sure what he was) on our vet papers. :/ Would love to stop hiding the poor thing at apartments that have restrictions.

Michelle, we do try to keep our housing page updated as often as possible. The info there right now was just updated last week! There are some apartments listed as well as agents that are pit-friendly. Feel free to contact them please!
Dani
user 3896848
Austin, TX
Post #: 8
I don't know how -ethical- this might be, but my husband and I decided we're going to make our dog a service dog (we haven't had a problem in Austin with our pit yet, but we have in the past in other states). I'll be putting her through the good citizen test, ect., but I'm not sure how much you actually have to do to get a service dog certification legally.
Once they're a service dog I'm fairly sure apartments cannot deny you because of the breed.
http://www.freemypaws...­
Dani
user 3896848
Austin, TX
Post #: 9

Michelle, we do try to keep our housing page updated as often as possible. The info there right now was just updated last week! There are some apartments listed as well as agents that are pit-friendly. Feel free to contact them please!

You should ask your vet to change the papers.
Roscoe has been great for us so far (price and location)- we're in the Establishment apartments on S. 1st. Love the location and super dog friendly! We have a couple other pitties around here as well as other dogs.
Jenny
user 79398042
Austin, TX
Tramor Properties have no breed restrictions. Check out Tramor at Victory Place!
Christina J W.
user 69995192
Austin, TX
Post #: 6
Hey all-
Right now, my assistant is renting a room in my place and he has a 13 year old American Staffordshire Terrier. I don't mind him living here, but I really do miss it being just me and my boyfriend. I've been trying to find him a place in North Austin (around McNeil/Pond Springs Rd) with no success. He doesn't make much money so I've gotta find him something that's at most $650-$700 for a studio/1 bdrm on the first floor because his dog is so old she can't go up steps. She can't even run. I saw Pecan Creek on the other side of 183 but all they have is 2 bedrooms and he would have to have a room mate if he lived there.

We all just moved here from Houston so me, him and my boyfriend are the only people we know. I'd never ask him to live with a total stranger. Anyone have any ideas? :/
Leah
user 13586387
Austin, TX
Post #: 18
In case anyone is tracking this discussion or looking for a place to rent, please see here: http://www.meetup.com...­.