Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Urgent! pit bull in need of good home

Urgent! pit bull in need of good home

Mark
user 10839057
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Sunday (November 9th) I found a lost/stray pit-bull in my yard (on Alexander Avenue) in Austin. I believe the dog is a young female. She was found in a red harness without tags. I brought her to the Travis Lake shelter. She was not microchip-ed. It is my understanding that the shelter may destroy her after three days. The dog was very sweet and NOT aggressive (slept in a ball next to me on the car ride to the shelter). I am hopeful that you could help me with any of the following:
1) Contact anyone who might be the owner of this dog.
2) Spread the word that there is a sweet dog at the Town Lake shelter in need of a good home (very very soon).
3) Help me find a rescue group or another shelters that might be willing to take her for a longer period of time.

Thank You.
Lindsey O.
user 10749105
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Contact The Travis County Humane Society and Humane Society of Williamson County. Send them an email with your plea and a picture and short bio on the dog like you posted. Then be sure to contact Austin Pets Alive. They pull dogs from Townlake and other kill shelters when the dog is on it's last day on the euthanasia list. I wish you the best.
Mark
user 10839057
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
When I talked to Town Lake at around 3pm today they handn't made any decision about this dog. I think this means she has one more day. But if anyone is interested I would contact the Town Lake Shelter ASAP. I have attached some photos I took today.

If you know anyone who even might be interested in adopting or fostering this dog, please try to contact them.

Mark
user 10839057
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
Also, the dog's ID number at Town Lake is A560523.
Leala
user 8968589
Austin, TX
Post #: 7
UPDATE: This little girl has been rescued from TLAC. Her foster momma has renamed her Esme. She was heartworm positive and she will be going through her heartworm treatment with her foster family (depending on how she is with cats), and then Esme will be up for adoption. Her foster mom has lots of pictures up on facebook, you can see them on Love-A-Bull's page.