add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Pit-friendly houses

Pit-friendly houses

Kristin T.
user 8064569
Austin, TX
Post #: 2
I know this topic has been tackled multiple times on this board, but...I'm bringing it up again. I've been away from Austin for about a year, and will be moving back in September. I currently own a condo in Austin (so I have somewhere to bring my pitties if all else fails), but I would really love to rent a house (with a yard!!!). My guys wouldn't have any trouble passing an interview, and one has already passes her CGC test; so I'm not worried from a temperment or behavior standpoint. But, of course, I have hit nothing but brick walls when I ask landlords about pitbulls. I hesitate to lie, because I don't want to live in constant fear of being kicked out; any neither of my dogs would pass as anything but pitbulls. So, does anyone know of landlords that are willing to rent houses to responsible pitbull owners? Any help is much appreciated!
Austin, TX
Post #: 48
We know it's difficult to find pit-friendly housing, and we're working on finding more solutions to that problem. My advice is to call your dog a "mixed breed," check Craigslist to find landlords of properties who you can talk to individually about your dog (have them meet the dog, discuss deposit, etc.), and there is a realtor who has told us that she has an associate who has looked into pit-bull friendly apartments. Feel free to contact Kristin Larsen of Williams & Associates Real Estate Brokerage, at: office: 512.600.8400; cell: 917.680.8073; or kristinatwilliamsbrokeragedotcom.
Adrian L.
user 11650884
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
UGH...this is an issue...I am in Real Estate and have been doing leasing for almost a year in Austin and did it for 3 years in San Marcos..feel free to email me @ to get some Property Management companies in both towns that DO allow our Best Friends :)