Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Playmate Needed for My Dog!

Playmate Needed for My Dog!

A former member
Post #: 3
Hi there,
I live in the Barton Springs area and would love to find a few playmates for my dog, Red. He's an 8 yo who likes other dogs but is not greatly socialized so the dog park and all these wonderful meetups tend to be overstimulating/overwhelming for him and I'm not comfortable taking him. He can be kind of a bully/obnoxious and in that context doesn't advance the breed's best image. :-)

He typically does well off leash in a smaller group - one or two other dogs - so I'd like to set up some "play dates" for him. I know there are others who feel the same way, and our introduction can be as slow as our dogs need.

I can come to you or we can meet in a quiet park somewhere.

Thanks!!
Mindy
Pineapple T.
user 12027920
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
Mr. T is pretty tolerant, although he does stand up for himself, and has been lonely since I had a baby and going to dog park got harder. We live south but come down to your area often if you'd like to have a playdate.
Ann
aekolbeck
Austin, TX
Hi! My dog, Sugar, is female, dog-social, and loves new play mates. She's also been used as a socialization dog in classes for dog-aggressive dogs, so she's used to meeting dogs who really aren't sure they want to be meeting her. We live at approx. 183 and MLK. We have a fenced yard (don't worry, Sugar's not at all protective of it), so the critters can play off leash. There are cats in the house, but if that's a problem there's also a side gate to the yard. Sug's play style is rough and tumble, but her personality is pretty submissive.

If anyone is interested in setting up a play date, you can email me at aekolbeck at gmail dot com.
Jane von V.
user 8019534
Austin, TX
Hi Mindy and other L-a-B folks!
I feel the same as you and live in Barton Hills and would love to meet up with you and Red. I'm the guardian of Blu, a 2+ yr old female that I adopted from TLAS in January. She, too, gets a bit overwhelmed at the dog park so I'm hoping to socialize her with one-on-ones or small groups for now. I have a fenced in yard or am open to meeting in another unescapable area ;) I can be reached at jane.von.voros at gmail dot com or 444 7313. If anyone else is looking for the same, please feel free to contact me! Weekends are always good or after 6:30pm on week days. Hope to meet up with y'all soon! - jvv and Blu
hdbuddy
user 9642149
Austin, TX
Post #: 4
I'll rent a margarita machine!biggrin
Buddy will take any playtime he can get
A former member
Post #: 4
You guys are awesome!! Thanks so much for the replies. Red is going to be one happy camper! I have (or will) contact each of you privately to set something up.

Mindy
June B.
user 10189490
Austin, TX
June Bug would love to play with Red but I don't have a car to get her over there. If anyone wants a playmate and can meet in Hyde Park let me know! She's used to having friends living with her but doesn't have one now. She plays well with almost any dog- small or huge, shy or rough.smile
Jae
user 11730717
Austin, TX
Hi -
I would love to have some playmates for my step-pups!
Drake is a male 3 yr. Staffie mix. The dog parks are not good for him and I don't want to test him. He loves to wrestle and be chased. Penny is a female 2 yr. old pit mix who is so sweet and loves every dog she meets. She taught Drake everything she knows about playing and socializing. Both dogs came from TLAC. I would like them to have more dog friends to socialize with.

I am the step-mom to these pups and have them some weekends. I live off Mopac/2222 and have a fenced yard, or can meet at your place. Email me if you want to set something up. My address is jae.trost at gmail dot com

Thanks, Jae