add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › Does anyone have a dog treadmill?

Does anyone have a dog treadmill?

Austin, TX
Post #: 2
Hello all,

I've been looking at getting one of those dog-powered treadmills for my pittie, but before I spend the money I'd like to find out if its something she would actually enjoy using. Does anyone have one that we could try out?

A former member
Post #: 4
how about instead of making your dog walk on a tread mill just take him walking everyday. My wife and I after supper everynight take our blue pit walkin and we will jog with him about half way through our neighborhood
Kim and L.
user 12744499
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
I bought a $50 treadmill off craigslist for my pit. She loves it. I am a single mom who works full time and this suits us best.
JoDee K.
user 5505999
Round Rock, TX
Post #: 524
I just bought a tread mill for my dogs...I can walk a few every evening but I have 4 bully breeds and 2 border collies, I can't keep up with them all so we use the tread mill. FYI~took some work but thy eventually get used to it, I put it infront of the TV an
d they watch animal planet while they walk.
Stephanie C.
user 13324937
Austin, TX
Post #: 1
I use a regular treadmill for my Pittie and she loves it. If you need help in training yours to use it at first, let me know and I am happy to help get your kiddo started.
Austin, TX
Post #: 3
Thanks for the offer Stephanie! We actually took a class at Training by Tara, so she already knows how to use a regular treadmill :) - she seems to think it's pretty fun. I was looking for something for her to do inside during the heat of summer (her heat tolerance runs out a lot faster than her energy level). Now that it's cooler out she's getting enough exercise outside (it helps that we currently have a foster dog for her to play with).

Austin, TX
Post #: 5

Are you still looking for a treadmill? We have a pretty new one for sale: $100 (obo) and you come pick it up.

Let me know,

germanny [at] gmail [dot] com