Love-A-Bull Pit Bull Meetup Message Board › ear cropping

ear cropping

A former member
Post #: 1
i jus got my blue pits ears cropped and they look a little long to me? can they crop them again????
Megan R
user 13130523
Group Organizer
Austin, TX
i jus got my blue pits ears cropped and they look a little long to me? can they crop them again????

Hey Josh, how about we crop your ears?
A former member
Post #: 2
how about you giving it a try???
A former member
Please do not crop again. Your puppy's head will grow into them, that is assuming it's a puppy. They should be about 12-14 weeks old when getting them done - no sooner, no later if you must do them at all. The best way to measure is to pull theirs ears to the outside corner of their eyes as a starting point. May I ask where you got them done? Not too many vets do it in austin. I have a recommendation only because I don't want to see someone trying to do it themselves in their backyard or garage.
A former member
Post #: 2
Josh, it really is a barbaric procedure, I saw it being done when I worked for a vet...and quite painful for the dog, but now that its done, let them be...don't put your dog through the procedure again just to appease your sense of aesthetics.
Lydia
LydiaZ
Austin, TX
Post #: 106
Josh, my guess is you are comparing your dogs ears to what most backyard breeders do-- they use sheers or scissors-- they overcrop, and the dogs can suffer pain and infections their whole lives. Assuming you used a vet, they know what they are doing. It is an unnecesary procedure that shouldn't be done to appeace your own machismo, but for heaven's sake, don't hurt your dog twice.
A former member
Post #: 3
no i did not do it my self no way i would do that to my puppy and after getting him back home from the vet and seeing how bad it was getting on his nerves from not being able to scratch i would not make him go through that again. and he was 12 weeks old. I have another question. does anyone know anything about the blood line De la Cruz? he is razors edge and De la Cruz.. i haven't really heard of it??? all i know is that it came out of Cali
Meghan
MeghanT
Austin, TX
Post #: 50
We are not really interested in blood lines, because we don't believe that pits need to be bred right now. There are too many homeless dogs in the world as it is, and thousands of pits are being killed each year in the shelters largely because breeders are adding to the already huge population. I hope that when your dog is old enough, you will get him neutered.
A former member
Post #: 5
he will never be neutered.
Tara S.
user 12956484
Austin, TX
why would you not neuter him Josh? serious question, just wondering.

I do have doubts that you were that concerned for his comfort since your opening question was should you have them cropped again. If he was that uncomfortable why would you ask about cropping them shorter after the first time?