1. Find the place. The Otranto Road branch of the Charleston County Public Library is located at the intersection of Otranto Road and Antler Drive, just behind the K-Mart on Rivers Avenue. Directions from various directions and a map can be found on the following link: http://ccpl.org/content.asp?id=14633&action=detail&catID=5374&parentID=5374
2. Introductions as necessary, to include:
B. Writing aspirations.
C. What you would like to get from these meetings.
3. Optional assignment for those who need a nudge:
July 3rd marks the beginning of the “Dog Days of Summer.” These days are typically the hottest and most humid time of the year. They get their name due to the fact these days occur when the “Dog Star” Sirius raises before the sun. Write about your favorite “Dog Day” activity.
4. Share work for feedback. Please don’t let a lack of work keep you from attending. It is our mission to help you light that spark. If you post work ahead of time in The Reviewing Arena on the Message Board under the “Discussions” link at the top of your screen, we’ll be able to provide more constructive reviews based on detailed analysis.
5. A little spontaneous conjuring to release any excess creative energy that may be bubbling around in the room.
6. Open forum. Topics could include, but are not limited to:
B. Getting unstuck.
C. The proper use of salt.
Let the creativity flow from your soul!