Come one, come all to the Libertarian Party of Illinois Convention from September 12th through 14th at the Holiday Inn in Bolingbrook.
Charge up your liberty batteries by enjoying the company of fellow enthusiasts, adding to your liberty toolbox, and being inspired by our speakers and candidates.
Friday: Convention registration begins at 6 pm and the doors open at 7. Munchies will be provided along with a cash bar.
• A Candidate Forum led by Political Division Director Lex Green and starring a batch of our statewide candidates including Illinois Governor Candidate Chad Grimm and US Senate Candidate Sharon Hansen.
• The “Libertarian Freedom Show” with host Brian Lambrecht, Chair of the DuPage Libertarians
Saturday: It’s a non–stop day, with registration starting at 8 am and the first session at 8:30, featuring:
• Jim Goebel, Lec Zorn and Eric Ferguson from The Side Project – LIVE! interviewing our candidates on the Libertarian Good Morning Wake–up Show
• “Cannabis prohibition, the drug war and liberty based values”, with Illinois NORML Executive Director Dan Linn. Illinois NORML Executive Director Dan Linn
• Lunch speaker Julie Fox (right), presenting “Compromise or Divide – Where do we go from here?”
• Libertarian Jeopardy – answers and questions with our own twist
• Illinois State University Professor Terry Noel (right) presenting “Liberty and Money: The Bitcoin Story”
• A “What’s in your Outreach Toolbox?” panel discussion with Paul Clark, Jeni Floyd, Jim Goebel, Crystal Jurczynski, Dianna Visek, and Andrew Wikel.
• A Libertarian Happy Hour Q&A with Libertarian National Party leaders Wes Benedict and Evan McMahon
• Nationally award-winning journalist, Ben Swann (right), our banquet Keynote Speaker, will present “How Liberty Wins Over Fascism.”
Sunday: Party business is on the docket for Sunday, with membership verification starting at 8 am and the meeting starting at 8:30. Please attend if you want to shape the future of the Party.
• Learn more about Party operations
• Edit the bylaws (Read current bylaws) (See proposed changes)
• Elect officers – this year, State Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Deputy Secretary, and Deputy Treasurer are all up for election
• Endorse candidates for 2015 and 2016 elections
• Volunteer for the 2015 Convention Committee and the Judicial Committee
• Our Sunday lunch speaker will be Libertarian National Campaign Committee Executive Director Evan McMahon presenting "Libertarian Leadership in a Two-Party World".
Registration: There is no charge to attend on Friday or Sunday, but to vote at Sunday's business meeting, you must be a LP Illinois member. Package options are available for Saturday. This meetup event is intended only to spread the word. For more information, or to register, go to http://www.lpillinois.org/convention
Hope to see you there!