Plan Moving Forward - Strategy
Loses Define the Game Plan-There are many who think we have lost this war for our Second Amendment rights. I believe this is the way these battles are supposed to play out, otherwise, we as liberty loving, tyranny fighting Americans, would not be called into action with such fervor. The loses we are encountering are part of the grand scheme, whether you say it is God, fate, kharma, or the gravitational pull. We are on the correct side, and will triumph if we are diligent.
- We need to continue to protest until the end of this session, or until all the anti-gun, pro-gun bills are exhausted in the process this session, which might not be long! (We can strategize for emergency sessions--but it is too early to plan for them.)
- Continue to write and call our legislators. Don't turn down the volume just because things have passed. Tell them: "Your misjudgment might cost you your political career; you miscalculated how many gun owners there are." "Perhaps your misquoted statistics will be the error that unseats you in your next election; there are thousands and thousands of gun owners who are ready to campaign against you." Just because they get their bill passed, doesn't mean they shouldn't hear from you frequently between now and November of 2014. Use your common sense about content; we are adults.
- WRITE CORA Requests!!! We will be holding more Colorado Open Records Act request classes (CORA). Anything the government, state, federal, or local produces is considered open for the public to obtain, with a few exceptions. Sarah Palin, love her or hate her, sited open records requests as the reason she had to step down as the Governor of Alaska. She was overwhelmed with minutia of record requests--she could not get anything done. We need to use their tactics against them. (More details on this to follow.)
- =>Attend the Saturday, February 23rd Meeting at the Southglenn Library. Join us at 5:00pm until 7:00pm to gather our resources and talents. We are going to have a long and productive strategy leading up to the 2014 elections. On this Saturday we will be meeting to determine which politicians will enjoy a recall election, CORA requests, cultivation of a counter candidate, media spin and so forth. These bills have allowed us to focus on which politicians are enemies of the Second Amendment. With twenty months until the 2014 elections, we have time to be EXTREMELY effective.
Southglenn Library - 6972 South Vine Street, Centennial
The library is on the southern edge of the shopping complex. Park off of East Easter Avenue, in the parking garage or the Sears parking lot.
(This means you--GPS people.)
- Assemble Resources and Beat Them The goal in the end is to unseat the anti-gun politicians. Not only do these statist politicians jeopardize the right to keep and bear arms, they are also the bane of taxes, privacy, commerce, liberty, and personal property. Soon we will have a comprehensive list of the anti-gun legislators. We have the resources, time, and talents to turn this state around. It was not going to happen any other way. Let's roll up our sleeves and get it done.
There is much talk in the gun culture about recall elections. These activities are not easy, they are not inexpensive, and often they are ineffective. We will explore what all of options are, whether it be to win these opponents over, or to go after them and unseat them in their districts.
Keep in mind the senators have four year terms, and senators like Jesse Ulibarri will be around for four years, as he just won his district in the 2012 election. None the less we can still make Jesse's term comfortable for him, or very uncomfortable.
Know that there are citizens groups who keep these statists in check regarding their spending habits. We will be able to join forces with them. There several very effective groups operating on the Front Range, including CRAG, Citizens for Responsible Aurora Government and ECOG, Englewood Citizens for Open Government.
We can utilize many tactics to make these nanny-state politicians squirm. CORAs, Colorado Open Record Act requests are a great way to dig around for dirt in these public servants emails, expense reports, memo, car mileage, and any other public document that has their name on it. Almost all documents create by these people is available to activists, all you have to do is ask.