addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Colorado Libertarians Message Board › Was my vote counted?

Was my vote counted?

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 3
Since I do not trust Nancy Doty I have to wonder if my vote was even counted in this election. Is there any way to get everybody who voted for Dawn in Arapahoe County to step forward and identify themselves then take that count against the reported totals for Arapahoe County?

Where were the strong areas of votes against ref i, perhaps we could set up some hate counseling centers in those neighborhoods.

How much for a billboard on I-25 just north of Colorado Springs with 1 of the 2 following phrases?

Focus on your own damn family.

Stop the Hate!
Dear Focus on the Family, feel free to leave this state.

Robert L.
Cyberbob8385
Aurora, CO
Post #: 1
I don't trust Doty, either. But the numbers seem fairly accurate to me. I don't think vote fraud was too bad this time.

I don't know how much good a billboard would do right now. Just after the elections, people are tired of the ads, and are now used to simply ignoring them.

Certainly we need to do something (and I do like both of your slogans), but I don't know if this is the right time for that.

Although, since 43 passed, I have to wonder. What do you think our odds are of success if we were to file a lawsuit because it violates the equal protections clause of the US Constitution?

I think we need to have regular meetings--sometimes in connection with LPCO's official meetings, or with other groups. Even when it's not an election season, there's lots that needs to be done every day, and we need to work on building a strong network, so that we can take action quickly and effectively, whenever the need arises.
A former member
Post #: 4
OK, if there is satisfaction with the numbers by the rest of the party, I'll back off that topic.

With somebody writing FAG on a ref i sign near my house, I guess I need a hate therapy center in my own friggin hood.

I agree with waiting but I am pretty outraged with how much power FOTF has in this state.

Great question for our legal experts and how much would the GLBT love us for trying?
Robert L.
Cyberbob8385
Aurora, CO
Post #: 2
Even if the votes weren't counted (and with over 20,000 counted for Dawn, I don't think that's the case) she still didn't win. It's a very sad truth. And I'm not sure if Ritter or Beauprez is worse...but if we do push for a recount, it might lead to Beauprez winning, and I'm not sure if that's something we want, either.

We do need to talk to some legal experts about a possible lawsuit. Even if we're not successful, it would certainly generate some good press for us, don'cha think?

The spray-paint on the sign just goes to show the mentality of these people. They're afraid. They're terrified of us. And they know they can't possibly win by reason or logic, so they resort to these tactics. They vandalize, they threaten, they use fear as a weapon. Anything to convince people to go against what they know is right.

Hell, I have a member of my own family who voted for 43 (won't she be surprised if we file a lawsuit!!) not because she believed it was the state's business, or because she wanted to ban it. But because she was afraid that "if 'they' win, they'll try to push for special rights." So...what? Are we going to deny them rights just so they can't try to take more sometime later (ignoring the fact that most gay people don't want that anyway)?

I'll tell you what. I don't have all the answers. Right now, expensive political ads probably aren't the best choice. But we definately need to launch a major education campaign. And if we get started now, we can have the kinks worked out before the next election. With this disaster of an election fresh on people's minds, there might just be something we can do.
Robert L.
Cyberbob8385
Aurora, CO
Post #: 4
Jesus FLIP! I just saw two of those signs with "FAG" painted on them on my way to work today, at Hampden & Chambers. People are pigs.
A former member
Post #: 5
ugg, at least when I see it on a blog or message board I am quick to mention that I am upset by the smoking ban as well.

Speaking of which, there are a whole bunches of smokers in the Libertarian party and one such place where we could meet and they would be free to smoke, is Paris on the Platte downtown, coffee bar that has sold cigs for over 20 years so they were exempted. I meet there every 3rd Tuesday morning for a roundtable for freelance designers but the place is a little noisy with all of the smokeater machines.

I am more inclined.. ah hell, let me start a new thread talking about places and ideas of activities.

I will address legal options at the Board Meeting on Monday. Like everything else, we just don't have the money for it, so looks like a lot of my energy, and believe me I have enough for 40,000 Libertarians will be focused on fund raising and fundraising activities. I don't like being poor, no reason the party has to be as well. Heck, just can't wait to design billboards, full page ads.. speaking of which... how much for a full page ad in the paper that goes something like this:

Dear Mr. Ritter,

Congratulations and best wishes!

Now get to work and keep your 'promise' as we will watch and hold you accountable for everything you do. Perhaps then in four years you will have the courage to answer Dawn's questions as she stands at a podium in ALL of the debates instead of just two. She won't just be representing the 6500 Libertarians, but every citizien of this state that you made a promise to.

All our best,

The Libertarian Party of Colorado

hmm, maybe I'll just send that to Ritter myself and change we to me and sign my name...ah well, just shows how much I have to learn on Monday..