Colorado Libertarians Message Board › The Door to Door checklist for Ken

The Door to Door checklist for Ken

A former member
Post #: 16
"Hello, my name is Ken Wyble, the new chair of the Arapahoe Libertarian Affiliate"

The purpose of my visit is to introduce myself to all the active Arapahoe County Libertarians, spread the word on all of the activites and opportunities to get involved and develop a resource coummunity.

The first thing I would like is to verify all of your contact information, share with you all of the activies we have planned and see if you are interested in helping out or getting involved with any of these other list of activities.

Second, I would like to find out what businesses and associations you are involved with so we can share that as a resource amongst the Libertarian community. For example, we meet every Thursday at Machu Picchu for lunch whose owner is very enthusiastic about our principles and takes care of us with discounts and optimal space for our meetings. Next time I need a car, and after this Christmas Bilzzard we had, I sure want a 4x4 vehicle, I would love to buy a car from a Libertarian salesperson. We are very active in the community and want to tie us all in as much as we can.

Third, would you like to run for office?

ok, your thoughts?
A former member
Post #: 2
Nice Script so far. I have ONLY one suggestion for a change:

...share with you SOME of the activities we have planned and see if you are interested in getting involved. (remove the rest of that sentence?)

The rest is great. It looks like you may need to carry a laptop with a spreadsheet of information on Arap. Libertarians. I think there is already a spreadsheet with some of that information included, however I haven't seen one yet that with a persons Business or Associations included in the columns to the right of their name.
Claire G.
user 3501906
Aurora, CO
Post #: 1
Sounds good Ken.
I think that it will be a good start and go a long way to getting the other Libertarians involved. For those people who want to assist, and up until this point have had no idea how to reach us, it will be Great.
Chris
user 3390748
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
I think this is pretty good as long as we are contacting other Libertarian's. I have done canvassing for a group called Clean Water Action, (alright, please put your guns back in the safe, I quit fairly fast after learning what they were doing). But it was a good experience for me as I learned a lot.

I personally would not go into the second and third parts at all unless you get a positive vibe.

Verify the contact info, great!! Leave them with a brochure explaining the planned activities, instead of asking them if they are interested in helping out or getting involved, jump in with both feet, like this:
--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------
"Hello, my name is Ken Wyble, the new chair of the Arapahoe Libertarian Affiliate"

The purpose of my visit is to introduce myself to all the active Arapahoe County Libertarians, spread the word on all of the activites and opportunities to get involved and develop a resource coummunity.

The first thing I would like is to verify all of your contact information, share with you all of the activies we have planned and get some idea's on how you feel we should focus, or what changes you would like to see in our community."

--------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­----------------------------------------­---------

Keep it real short and simple. That's my two cents for what it is worth, almost makes me wish I lived in Arapahoe County instead of Denver!!!

I didn't vote on the bylaws, which seem fine to me, but once again, I don't live in Arapahoe County.

Chris
Robert L.
Cyberbob8385
Aurora, CO
Post #: 12
I agree. This script is a good starting place, but don't stick to it too firmly. Go with the flow. See what they're interested in and have a conversation based on that.

Although, I wouldn't even ask about running for office unless you talk with them for a long time. You don't want to sound too pushy or desperate, nor do we want to run just anybody (or even sound like we're going to run just anybody). Admittedly, we need strong candidates, but I think the best thing to do, for now, is to build up our "pool of activists." We can draw potential candidates from THAT pool and have a better idea who we're talking about.
A former member
Post #: 15
"Hello, my name is Ken Wyble, the chair-elect of the Arapahoe Libertarians"

The first thing I would like is to verify all of your contact information, share with you some of the activies we have planned in the county and see if you are interested in helping out or getting involved.

Second, I would like to find out what businesses and associations you are involved with so we can share that as a resource amongst the Libertarian community. For example, we would like to know what business especially restaurant owners are Libertarian or Libertarian friendly so we can give them business for our weekly and monthly meetings.

Third, would you like to run for office?

Updated...next I will discuss some of the content to be included in a packet to hand to each Libertarian. and will shape upon the mailout of the letter, but updates to this content will be considered for my introduction blurb in the outbound letter.