align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Colorado Libertarians Message Board › Voter Choice bill HB07-1162

Voter Choice bill HB07-1162

Jim F.
user 3520348
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
Voter Choice bill HB07-1162

As reported by Jan Kok, the voter choice
bill has been introduced in the state legislature.

You can read the bill at:
http://www.leg.state....­

I would suggest you contact your state representative and state senator and
ask them to support this legislation. You can find the contact info on your
state legislators at:

http://www.leg.state....­

Jim
A former member
Post #: 10
We definitely need to examine Colorado's voting method, and consider reforms that would expand the choices available to voters. I strongly feel that this bill, if passed would increase participation and do away with the prevailing wind of "I don't want to waste my vote". That wind is NOTHING BUT HOT AIR ANYWAY!!

Jim is right, all 17 of us need to contact our respective state representatives immediately and ask them to support HB07-1162.
Robert L.
Cyberbob8385
Aurora, CO
Post #: 17
I agree, this is a good thing. But I can look at this bill and see, clearly spelled out, at least two reasons this country is in very big trouble.

1) The bill mentions representative democracy. I swear to god, if I hear the word democracy one more time , I'm going to go insane. This isn't a democracy. We don't like a democracy. This is a republic.

2) While I certainly support what this bill does, how is it necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety?
Jim F.
user 3520348
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
I think that's the "emergency" clause they put
in everyone of their bills.
A former member
Post #: 6
It's nice to know that they consider the public peace, health, & safety as "emergencies" worthy of an immediate vote. wink
Jim F.
user 3520348
Denver, CO
Post #: 6
BTW. You might suggest to your state rep
that they change the wording to "constitutional republic"
and reword section 1-7-1002 (a)
Robert L.
Cyberbob8385
Aurora, CO
Post #: 18
Yeah, I know all too much about that safety clause. I don't particularly like it...but whaddaya gonna do?