Colorado Libertarians Message Board › Tax Drop For Outreach

Tax Drop For Outreach

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 18
I'm wondering, is it possible for Libertarians to collect and deliver Tax returns for citizens in our area?

It's a form of outreach I came across while reading about Libertarians in San Diego.
They did a "Tax Drop" in 1996 and it sounded like a lot of fun.

Read about the experience here:

San Diego Libertarian's 1996 Tax Drop Experience
Robert L.
Aurora, CO
Post #: 26
Might be good outreach, as far as getting people to like us. But I've been reading a lot of history...I'd be afraid of tar and feathers.
A former member
Post #: 35
so what have they done since 1996?
Julie W.
user 2453212
Littleton, CO
Post #: 18
We need to conveniently "drop" stacks of flyers in front of H&R Block and Jackson Hewitt offices. But how would we do this without getting caught or having someone discard them?
A former member
Post #: 24
At our last LPAC Board Meeting, we decided to make this a 12 hour event on April 17th, 2007.

I took the liberty of creating 2 Hour Shifts
to increase the likelihood that our membership will participate!
Please take the time now to RSVP for the portions of the day that you & your friends are available.

Our Location is HUGE, so we need to really promote this event.

In order to make this event visible and impactful, I recommend that no less than 40 people sign up.
Since there are 27 Members of the Colorado Libertarians Meetup group, I am challenging each person to enroll at least 1 other person to be at at least 1 of these 2 hour shifts.

RSVP for you and your guests by clicking here.
Find April 17th on the Calendar & RSVP for one or more 2-Hour Shift.

With your participation, this event will make an impact,
and contribute to the citizens of Aurora & surrounding areas!
Robert L.
Aurora, CO
Post #: 34
Sounds like a good idea. But I'm wondering, how will this work out with the protest?
A former member
Post #: 25
Sounds like a good idea. But I'm wondering, how will this work out with the protest?

It won't... I just used this thread to point to the calendar...perhaps I should delete this thread altogether. It didn't sound like we would be able to collect forms from citizens. crying

STILL we can use April 17th for Outreach! smile
Robert L.
Aurora, CO
Post #: 36
Okay, so we'll be doing the protest, but not the "tax drop." That's good. Given the choice between the two, I'd rather tell the IRS where to shove it, than send people's forms to them. ;)