Colorado Libertarians Message Board › Legislature wants to mess with the Colorado Constitutition

Legislature wants to mess with the Colorado Constitutition

Jim F.
user 3520348
Denver, CO
Post #: 22
The Denver Post reports that the Colorado
House speaker wants to amend the constitution with
a story titled:

"Effort aims to unclutter constitution"

Translation - They want more of your money.

http://www.denverpost...­

Jim
A former member
Post #: 23
I think the post by, "NeverGiveIn" said it best when he wrote:

By NeverGiveIn at 2:26 PM on June 7:
This is a terrible idea. Maybe the Democratic leader sees the Taxpayer's Bill of Rights as clutter, but I don't.

As for the single subject rule, if you want to see our state legislature become more like the wheeling dealing pork-on-the-defense-bill US Congress, then go ahead and do that. I think it is good that the legislators must take each idea on its own merits. Instead of asking each other: "What can you give me to make it worth my vote?" our legislators ask "What is good about the bill?" Altering this would be a huge change for the worse in the state legislature. They can currently find a way to come to an agreement on one subject through amendments - this is about throwing all sorts of things together to make a bill sound good.
A former member
Post #: 1
What legislators call "constitutional provisions that tie the state budget in knots", libertarians, independents, progressives, and conservatives call "checks and balances". Maybe if the government could be trusted with our money, we wouldn't need such pesky provisions that are in place because voters and taxpayers want them there.