Colorado Libertarians Message Board › The Ever Quotable...

The Ever Quotable...

A former member
Post #: 55
I'm starting this message thread to have a spot to store & share quotes that inspire me.
I invite everyone else to add quotes that move or inspire them.
A former member
Post #: 56
"Failure of government programs prompts more determined efforts, while the loss of liberty is ignored or rationalized away..."
- Congressman Ron Paul
December 9th, 2003
Claire G.
user 3501906
Aurora, CO
Post #: 2
"Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well- armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.
A former member
Post #: 20
"Give me liberty of give me death!" Patrick Henry
A former member
Post #: 1
"For in a Republic, who is "the country?" Is it the Government which is for the moment in the saddle? Why, the Government is merely a servant - merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them."
-- Mark Twain
Jim F.
user 3520348
Denver, CO
Post #: 101
"If you think health care is expensive now,
wait until you see what it costs when its free."
--P.J. ORourke
Jim F.
user 3520348
Denver, CO
Post #: 102
"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, (i.e., the "business cycle") the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Thomas Jefferson, President of the United States 1801-1809
A former member
Post #: 23
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
- Thomas Jefferson
A former member
Post #: 60
"I Believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies...If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, (i.e., the "business cycle") the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Thomas Jefferson, President of the United States 1801-1809

"If you want to remain slaves of the bankers and pay for the costs of your own slavery, let them continue to create money and control the Nation's credit."

Sir Josiah Stamp, director of the Bank of England.
A former member
Post #: 61
The happiness we seek, a genuine lasting peace and happiness, can be attained only through the purification of our minds. This is possible if we cut the root cause of all suffering and misery -- our fundamental ignorance.

-His Holiness the Dalai Lama, The World of Tibetan Buddhism