Colorado Libertarians Message Board › It would be funny if it wasn't so infuriating...

It would be funny if it wasn't so infuriating...

A former member
Post #: 6
Anybody else feel this way about the polling? I had one by phone:

poller: "Do you plan to vote in the upcoming presidential election?"
Me: "Yes."
poller: "Will you be voting for Obama, or for McCain?"
Me: "No."
poller: (long pause) "Ummm... I'm sorry, I didn't understand your answer."

Just now I had one come to the door. I'm sure he was barely 18.

poller: "Who will you be voting for in the upcoming presidential election?"
me: (pointing to the giant sign on my front window) "Bob Barr"
poller: "No, I meant for president of the United States."

I just have to shake my head.
(I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this type of babbling, but really wanted to feel like somebody else was shaking their head in exasperation with me).
Jim F.
user 3520348
Denver, CO
Post #: 141
These guys act like they don't know that there are 16 presidential candidates listed on the Colorado ballot...
A former member
Post #: 82
I'm shaking my head in exasperation. crying
Claire G.
user 3501906
Aurora, CO
Post #: 3
Amy,
When they called me I asked if there was an "L" next to my name on their paperwork. They said yes. I told them that this was because I am a registered Libertarian. So they asked me if I was going to vote for Obama......I said that I was going to vote for Barr. They said..."I mean in the presidential election." I said, "So do I." And I hung up.
Amazing!!
Jocelyn A.
JessicaRabid
Parker, CO
Post #: 5
Lol . . the guy I talked to said "Bob Barr? Why?"
Then I asked him if he had a couple of hours.

He said he had fifteen minutes, tops.

I told him Bob Barr was against the bailout, and i refused to vote for anyone who supported it.

His response "Oh, I know, the bailout is really bad, we're going to be paying for that for years to come . . . "

So we sat and talked about how awful the bailout was for ten minutes, than I came full circle and said, "Yeah, so that's why I'm not voting for Obama. Or McCain. The overwhelming response from the people was no and both of them supported it anyway . . . they're not voting for me so I'm not voting for them."

He said he could certainly understand that and hung up the phone.

Now I kinda look forward to them calling, arguing bailout is such a no-brainer, there is no arguement that can be made for it. :-) And I get to vent. double :-)