addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Colorado Libertarians Message Board › Is Libertarianism a Social Movement?

Is Libertarianism a Social Movement?

A former member
Post #: 1
In one of my classes we have been discussing social movements and how they influence the political process. We have been focusing on movements like the Civil Rights movement of the 1960's and the recently emerging environmental movements that are gaining strength. However, I feel there is an argument to be made that Libertarianism because it largely promotes actions toward individual liberty could be considered a social movement. So I was wondering what some other libertarians thought, is Libertarianism part of a larger social movement?