Chinatown NYC Lunch Feast on Sat Nov 26th 12:30 PM
November 26, 2011 · 12:30 PM
Sat Nov 26th @ 12:30 PM Chinatown Lunch Banquet on Mott street NYC
Nelson and Sarina are planning this event which should be great!!! Weekend after Thanksgiving!
Details of name of Restaurant and exact address will be sent to confirmed attendees-Cost about $25-$30 or less per person depending on how much food we order and how many attend.
- This place is THE PLACE! After a year or so, I ended up here once again But this time at a different location. Prefect place for groups.
Location sent to attendees in separate email.
Food, Attitude, Cost, & Taste
F: As always I love their pre set menu for 2, for 6, and up. Makes deciding a lot easier and you get a fulfilling meal and comes with so much different variety of food. There's soup, bread, salad, all sorts of seafood, poultry, plus desserts, coffee & tea.
A: Wow, they kept firing food to the table at top speed and we were busy stuffing ourselves to make space for the next dish. You can bet we were all bloated.
C: These pre set menus are reasonably priced. For 2 you're looking at about $50 or so and for groups the deal gets even better.
T: Food is just awesome. The raw platter was amazingly fresh. Loved everything they put on the table. They made the lobster different styles, whether steamed or stir fry you can't go wrong. If you love seafood you will love this place.
If you love seafood, this is a must go. For dinner, we usually get the dinner for 6. It is a prix fixed meal for 6 people. ($25/pp) and you get like a 12-course extravaganza. Off the top of my head, I remember having:
1. Lobster and shrimp fruit salad
2. deep fried shrimp on skewers
3. Steamed scallops on the shell
4. Razor clams with black bean sauce
6. Lobster cooked two ways (if you order the HUGE lobster, it costs an extra $65 or so--dont remember the exact extra--and you can get an 8 pound lobster cooked up to 5 different ways! omelet, black bean, ginger scallion, etc)
7. Fried rice
9. Shark fin soup
10. roasted quail
11. Soy sauce Roasted chicken (MY FAV thing on the menu)
12. Fried calamari
13. fried soft shell crab
14. dessert (ice cream)
15. garlic bread
and probably a couple of other things. You cant get that quality and type of food ANYWHERE! Especially NOT in NYC for that price per person.
We love it all. And if there is something on the prix fix that you dont want, they are more than willing to substitute it for something else. I cant wait to go back!
There will be a $2 MU fee.
Remember if you respond Yes and do not show or cancel on the last day you will be removed from the group. Sarina