In July, something a little different. Practichem makes medical instrumentation. They are shifting towards the use of HTML5/CSS/JS on tablet PCs to control these instruments. Technical Software Director Jaz Singh will present:
- An overview of instrument control software
- Current implementations
- Windows to legacy serial bus (RS-232/422)
- Monolithic app (WinForms)
- Isolated model, little or no web interactivity
- Poor User Experience
- An overview of the technology stack
- Presentation Layer
- D3.js, Bootstrap?, MVC?
- Application Server, Firmware Glue, Services
- Tomcat/JBoss, Java, Postgres
- REST-full services
- Embedded module (Atom/ARM)
- Embedded microcontrollers
- Demonstrate the various components
This will be a quite technical presentation, and quite unique.
Meetup starts at 6pm, presentation at 6:30pm.