May 21, 2012 · 6:00 PM
The Creative Company
Our May meetup features Adam Witt, a general practice attorney based in Edgerton. If you do freelance work, or have a startup idea, this presentation is for you.
We're back at The Creative Company for this meetup. As usual, meetup starts at 6pm, with presentation at 6:30, and Q&A after.
Choosing a form of business entity - pros and cons of each
- Sole Proprietor
- LLC taxed as S-Corp
How to deal with other people
- Why do I need a contract?
- Basic parts of a contract
- Common problems in the designer-client relationship (we can go to the audience for this, we'll find lots of examples)
- Subcontracting your work - contracts
- What to do if you get sued: small claims court in a nutshell