Aug 6, 2012 · 6:00 PM
[Important note: this meetup is hosted at MATC downtown campus, room 240. Parking and directions: http://matcmadison.edu/directions-parking-maps-downtown]
In August, yours truly will present on ExpressionEngine Content Management System (CMS). This is a joint meetup with the Madison Software Developers Meetup and the Madison PHP Meetup.
For the tech-heads:
ExpressionEngine is a LAMP-stack, open-architecture CMS built on the CodeIgniter framework.
For the more design-centric:
Powerful, flexible and easy-to-learn, ExpressionEngine was built for web designers who don't care to write PHP or wade through core files (although you can if you like).
What we'll cover:
- What is a CMS? Can't I just use Dreamweaver?
- What about Drupal, Wordpress, Joomla and DotNetJavaRailsPageBlasterQuickCMS123? A comparison.
- Hosting requirements. desktop tools
- Fields, categories, entries and templates: put 'em together and you've got a web site
- Build a blog framework in 20 minutes
- Make it do what I want! Add-ons
- Best practices
- Major Rad Giveaway! Win a copy of ExpressionEngine CMS or an e-book!