Musicnotes is seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, Musicnotes.com is the world's largest Internet-based sheet music retailer and publisher, offering nearly 250,000 pieces of digital sheet music and guitar tablature. Our 100% official and legal sheet music downloads include professional arrangements for all major instruments and skill levels and are available for instant download, printing and syncing to our interactive iPad, Android, PC and web-based apps. Musicnotes.com has sold over 15 million sheet music downloads to nearly 3.5 million customers throughout the world since launching in 1998, and has been named one of the Top 500 Retail Web Sites for seven consecutive years. We have also been recognized as one of the Top 50 Web Sites for 2006, Hot 100 Web Sites for 2009 by Internet Retailer Magazine, and the #35 largest music store in 2011 by Music Trades Magazine.
This full time Sr. Software Engineer has a strong emphasis on Web Development and is responsible for leading the design, development, and testing of the Musicnotes website. Musicnotes provides an informal, friendly work environment with flexible scheduling.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Lead in design, development, testing in an Agile environment of web based solutions.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, test, and implement web based solutions.
- Project/task estimation and planning.
- Perform code reviews, initiate pair programming sessions, and advocate for best practices and best processes.
- Maintain an understanding of current and emerging Internet related technologies.
- Participate in the ongoing development and improvement of department operations and procedures.
- Provide excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Works the amount of time required for the position and works overtime as needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- Or additional years of education and experience may be substituted for each other, as determined by Human Resources.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 2+ years of experience with leading a development effort working within a team environment
- 5+ years of experience with Object Oriented Programming in .NET 2.0+ (C#)
- 5+ years of experience with Visual Studio (2008/2012)
- 3+ years of experience with jQuery
- 3+ years of experience with SQL Server
- 2+ years of experience with the MVC pattern
- 2+ years of experience with modern version control systems (Git, Subversion, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with OR/M frameworks (Entity Framework, nHibernate, Hibernate, etc.)
- 1+ year experience in an Agile Development environment
- 2 years of experience in Test Driven Development (TDD)
- 1 year of experience with efficiency software like ReSharper
- 1 year experience with Continuous Integration
- Knowledge and experience with Design Patterns
- Experience with MSBuild
- Interest in music a plus
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills, organization and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical ideas to a non-technical audience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access or similar
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Monday through Friday, 40 hrs a week - hours can be a little flexible
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life/ AD&D insurance
- Paid time off
- Casual work environment
- Onsite workout facility
Local candidates strongly preferred. This position is only for employment; not for contract/consulting opportunities
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume with salary requirements to [address removed]. Please indicate where you saw our posting. Thank you!