Just one day before our Feb 17 meetup, our colleagues at the Adobe User's Group have a meeting:
Mark Prouty is a Applications Technology Senior Engineer at American Family Insurance. He will present on his plan for building a new database driven Flex based website and the technologies chosen:
- PHP and XML with a MySql database are being used for server side data interaction.
- SQLite will be used as a database on a local user?s machine.
- Adobe Flex is used for building an end user AIR application and the web site.
- Adobe Flash.
- Zend Studio is a tool for working with and debugging PHP.
- Eclipse used by both Flex and Zend Studio.
- Zend AMF is a new technology recently introduced. It allows for the serialization of database calls returned from PHP.
- Adobe After Effects and a digital audio editor
- Adobe Dreamweaver for HTML development and source control.
More info: http://groups.adobe.com/posts/3a089dc460