Madison, Wisconsin Web Design & Development Meetup Message Board › Hackathon, April 30th: Seeking Web Designer(s) to Participate

Hackathon, April 30th: Seeking Web Designer(s) to Participate

This message board is read-only.

Ben S.
user 8285431
Group Organizer
Madison, WI
Dear Members:

Steve Glynn of Spreenkler Talent Labs Seed Incubator is looking for a web designer says:

Spreekler is hosting (and C2, our meetup host, is sponsoring) a hackathon on April 30th. We have a few teams registered and all of them have indicated they'd love to have a web designer there to help them. Who is interested in working with any of the teams?

The hackathon begins at noon on Saturday the 30th and goes until noon on Sunday, May 1. The designer(s) wouldn't necessarily have to be there the entire time. Actually, they could offer times they're available and float between the teams to help out.

It will be a fun event and we're holding it at the Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery on UW-Madison campus. We'll have free food, drinks and door prizes for anyone that participates. Also, we'll have teams hacking in Milwaukee, Chicago and New York at the same time the hackathon is going on in Madison. Just to make it a little competitive:)

If you're interested, get in touch with Steve Glynn directly at steve@spreenklertalentlabs.org­.

Cheers,

Ben Seigel
Meetup Organizer
A former member
Post #: 9
I just volunteered to do some IA/UX work with wireframing and design. I would encourage everyone to come, even if you're not a pro designer. These hacker type folks really benefit from having designers present.

Here's more info about the spring hackathon:

http://spreenklertale...­

Jonathan
Josiah S.
user 4286212
Madison, WI
Post #: 1
Would the designer actually join the team or simply consult?
A former member
Post #: 10
Would the designer actually join the team or simply consult?
I'm not sure. I think you could join the team if the others were amenable to that. Right now it looks like an even split of designers to developers. I would encourage you to come check it out tomorrow!

Its at the Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery

http://discovery.wisc...­