The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Interested in a Portland Maine Permaculture Design Certificate Course?

Interested in a Portland Maine Permaculture Design Certificate Course?

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 152
I am thinking of organizing someone to teach a PDC for the Portland area to happen starting in Spring of 2008. One scenario would be to hold it over four 3-day weekends (rather than 2 weeks straight through which is difficult for some people). It would include lectures/hands-on/fields trips, etc. Venues and details to be determined but I just wanted to put the idea out into the ether (Or, for you cliche-lovers, fly it up the flagpole and see who salutes smile - I dislike cliches myself but this one is too funny!).
Merry & Burl H.
BeMerry
Portland, ME
Post #: 5
I'll salute that, Lisa--which is amazing, because I salute almost nothing. Of course it depends on which 4 weekends, but I sure love designing and I sure love permaculture, so it's a match made in heaven.
Blessings, Merry
Deb
user 4397109
New Gloucester, ME
Post #: 1
Sounds great! I would be interested in the week-end schedule. Please keep us posted, and thanks for your work on this.
Deb
David H.
PostCarbonDesign
Oxford, ME
Post #: 230
Lisa,
Count me in!
-Dave
A former member
Post #: 15
I might be interested as well...depending on the tuition. It would be a nice adjunct to the online course I took.

Winnie
Deb
user 4397109
New Gloucester, ME
Post #: 2
Would love to learn more about on-line courses if anyone has any info. Thanks.
Deb
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 158
It looks like it's a 'go' for a Portland PDC starting in May 2008. Most likely four 3-day weekends spaced a few weeks apart. The course will involve hands-on exercises, lectures, field trips, some guest speakers and practice design work. It will result in Certification. The fee should be reasonable since no lodging component needs to be included (as with the 2-week course).

Watch this space for more details forthcoming! Or feel free to ask questions here.
Pam
PamM
Windham, ME
Post #: 8
The times, cost and the location are a much better fit for me!! I am really excited and looking forward to the details. Let me know if I can help.
Susannah
user 3832381
Portland, ME
Post #: 3
I may be interested as well - so consider this a salute your your Earth Flag!
-S.
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 165
That's great. So far I've heard from about 6 people that they would probably take the course. We'll have space for 12 or 13 so it sounds like we won't have trouble filling the class...considering we haven't even 'officially' promoted it yet.

Should have dates and details sorted out by end of September.