As many of you know, Charles & Julia Yelton have been living and teaching permaculture in our region for a number of years, but are now getting ready to move on. Their very special hand-made home and permaculture gardens in Whitefield will be changing hands soon so this field trip is being organized to...
~ Allow many of you who know Charles & Julia to have chance to see them and their place before they go...
~Create an opportunity to have a guided tour from the Yeltons themselves of the inside and outside systems they've created that make their place so special. You'll see earthen finishes, passive solar design, composting toilet system, cob oven, sun trap gardens created out of a woodland clearing, grey water system, cool cupboard, hand made tiles and much more....
~Ensure that those of you who haven't had a chance to see the place get to do so before the Yeltons move on. Charles & Julia are some of the most experience designers and implementers in the northeast and worth spending time with.
• 9:00 Carpools will leave Portland (Marginal Way Park and Ride) and others can meet us as the Yeltons (if coming from other directions) at 10:15. If you can offer a lift from Portland or want a lift from Portland, please use the comments thread to indicate that!
• 10:15 to 10:30 Arrive and park on the road and get settled in, split into inside tours and outside tours
• 12:00 Potluck lunch (bring a dish to share and your own potluck kit)
• 12:30 Switch groups (inside group goes outside and vice versa)
• 2:00 Wrap up and head out
Space is limited for this event.