Jan 9, 2011 · 2:30 PM
This location is shown only to members
Please join us for the
Portland Trading Post monthly swap event, inspired by our friends in
Somerville - and the success of our recent plant and preserved food swaps! Trading Post events are
free and open to all. Space may be limited in our first few sessions while we work out the kinks,
so please take your RSVP seriously. Plants, seedlings, seeds, preserved or fresh produce, hand-made items, etc. are all welcome at Portland Trading Post. The main idea is that we are stepping outside of the cash economy and mutually "gifting" things to each other in a way that turns whatever we have in abundance into a diversity of goodness and good will.
The only rules are:
- No cash changes hands (like anyone has any, anyway.)
- Don't start the swapping until everyone's there and has a chance to look around at what's on offer.
- You can swap with someone or simply "gift" things to each other without taking a return item. Your choice. The IRS doesn't care about gifts, right? :)
- Make sure you've found a home for all your stuff before you leave (or take home what hasn't been gifted).
- If you bring a food item with multiple ingredients, pls label. Please use the comments area of this page to talk about what you might be bringing or seeking. Potluck/Food/Snacks/Fiddles/Juggling optional.