Please join together with other members of Portland Maine Permaculture for a delicious potluck brunch followed by a fun and engaging half-day planning session for our group using "open space technology."
Shaping Portland Maine Permaculture for 2012 and Beyond! This is your opportunity to dream big, get involved and bring your passion for resilience-building, re-skilling, re-localization or permaculture to the table. We will work collaboratively to create action plans and events to meet the needs of our communities (open to all Southern Maine members).
Some questions to ponder ...
- What is happening at a national or global level that makes you concerned? How can we preemptively create local responses in order to better withstand potential challenges coming our way?
- What "core offerings" should we be sure to offer over the coming year (workshops, informal skill-shares, work parties, permaculture education, guest speakers, field trips....?)
- How can we leverage our permaculture group to address unfilled needs in our communities during times of economic volatility and diminishing safety nets?
- At what "scale" beyond "southern Maine" or "Greater Portland" should we be supporting more activity...towns, neighborhoods, etc.?
- What special projects or initiatives might benefit from our attention? What other groups, business or agencies would be suitable for collaboration?
- What are you passionate about working on?
Portland location to be chosen based on RSVP levels.
This session will be convened "in open space," a technique that presents an over-arching theme or question and empowers the attendees not only to create their own agenda for the day, but drive the outcome and experience as they see fit.
In Open Space, facilitators help open, hold and close the space with just the right amount of structure so that all the work that happens in between is truly by, of and for those who show up. Proceedings and action plans from the day are captured live and published that very day.
To learn more about Open Space: http://www.openspaceworld.org/cgi/wiki.cgi?AboutOpenSpace
9:00 Brunch/Coffee/Tea (bring a dish to share and your potluck kit)
9:30 "Opening the Space" and Agenda Setting
10:00 - 11:00 Concurrent Sessions
11:00 - 12:00 Concurrent Sessions
12:00 Short break & Assembling of Proceedings
12:30 Report on Proceedings and Closing by 1:00 pm
There is no cash outlay to attend but please bring your full passion and engagement. By RSVP-ing "yes" you are committing to be an active participant in the creation of our permaculture future in Maine. We will need 4 volunteers with laptops to scribe notes "live" over wifi as the sessions are happening.
Consider using the comments area below to organize carpools!