add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Inspiring video: a woman who stood up to stop Monsanto's poisoning of her co

Inspiring video: a woman who stood up to stop Monsanto's poisoning of her communty

Xiknawi M
user 8311780
South Portland, ME
Post #: 66
This mother of three got fed up and took charge. Sofía Gatica challenged powerful corporate interests to protect her family and community from pesticides — and won. Today, the Argentine mother is one of six grassroots leaders from around the world being honored with the Goldman Environmental Prize. Please watch the video of her story and share.

My concern is that this is happening all over the world. Most of us will not stand up to threats to our children, and a gun to the head.
Please watch this video...., and consider how your use of pesticides/ herbicides, and consumption of chemically produced foods is harming thousands, possibly your grandchildren. Studies show minute levels of the glyco-phophates in Round-up effect growing embryos. For those of you who are growing and/or eating safely- please share this video. I think it might sway some folks away from "bargain" food, and "green" lawns.

And if you are looking for alternatives to the chemical, petroleum, water dependent lawn, just Google Images for "lawn alternatives", or click on this site­