The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Carolyn Baker workshop

Carolyn Baker workshop

winter
user 5389512
Buxton, ME
We are moving the workshop Sunday to our home, 149 Simpson Road, Buxton, ME 04093. We will start at 9am (not 8:30 as previously posted).  Lunch will be potluck, so please bring something to share.  I have spoken with several of you, and I am looking forward to meeting you in person.

I'll see you Saturday, and Sunday.

Winter

Directions to 149 Simpson Road, Buxton, Maine

From Gorham, Gray, points north.

Take 202 through Gorham to the Saco River.  Immediately before the bridge turn left on to Route 117.

Go .3 of a mile up a hill,
Turn right on to Simpson Road.

Go .7 of a mile down Simpson.  We are 149, on your left.  A little cedar house sits back in the woods.  Goose and chickens most likely running around the front yard!

From Portland/the jetport:

Take Route 22 (Congress St.) west about 15 miles. You will pass O'Donal's Nurseries at the intersection of Rt 22 and 114. Continue going straight.

When you reach a three way stop (white church on your left, brown cottage on  your right, Buxton town sign in front of you ) go straight, even though Rt. 22 turns to the right.  This is a shortcut. You will pass the Buxton town hall on your left.

At Rt. 202 (stoplight) there is a funeral home on your left, Hannaford on the  right, and Aubachon Hardware across road. Turn left.

Go approximately 2 .5 miles to a blinking light at the green bridge (Saco River).

Do not cross the river!

Turn left onto Rt. 117 (Joy Valley Road)
Go .3 mile to top of hill (Simpson Road)
Turn right onto Simpson road.
Go .7 miles.

We are on your right: 149 Simpson Road.  Cedar House sits back in the woods.  (There will probably be a white goose and several chickens in the front yard.)

149 will be marked on the mailbox, across from the driveway on your left, and on a security sign at the beginning of the driveway.

Or, take the Maine Turnpike to Exit 36 (Saco / Old Orchard Beach).

Follow the signs to Rt. 112 (Exit ramp, turn left on to Industrial Park Road)

Right on Rt. 112

Go 3.7 miles to Simpson Road (on your left)

Go "another" 3.7 miles to 149 Simpson, which will be on your left.

Once you are on Simpson, do not follow the mailbox numbers until you have traveled approx. 3.6-3.7 miles.  You are in two towns and the mailbox numbers are all over the place and in no way rational.

NOTE:  When coming from Rt. 112, if there has been 2 inches of rain or more, the bridge on Simpson Road will be closed and  you will be unable to take a left on Simpson.  You have to continue to  Rt. 117 (about 1 3/4 miles).  Turn left on Rt. 117 and travel 1.97 miles to Simpson Road, which will be on your left.  You will go .7 miles down Simpson and our driveway will be on your right.