align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Restoring Landrace Wheat to Maine

Restoring Landrace Wheat to Maine

Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,164
Another meetup member and I attended the Heritage or Landrace Wheat session at MOFGA last week. I learned alot. Many of you know that wheat originated in the fertile crescent of the middle east and several heritage or landrace versions (all low-gluten) evolved in different directions from there.

Anyway, we both came home with a small supply of heritage seed to grow out, experiment with and share. I've got Emmer and Rouge de Bordeaux, for example. Would love to spread this around when I grow it out using techniques learned from Will Bonsall and Mark Fulford.

Would anyone be interested in some kind of information-sharing or report-back on what we learned?
Jesse S.
user 29709632
Harrison, ME
Post #: 41
Yes please, and thank you!
Susan Hopper T.
user 14357734
Portland, ME
Post #: 2
I would be very interested
Derek L.
user 14490127
Portland, ME
Post #: 15
Me too!
Barbara R.
123bubbles
Oakland, ME
Post #: 56
I got some Freedom and Red Russian from Ellie a few years back that I have been growing. I would love to trade around. Is Emmer a spring or winter wheat. Both of mine are winter wheats.