add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Food Swap at Portland Food Coop

Food Swap at Portland Food Coop

Anna S.
user 38488292
Portland, ME
Post #: 5

Fall 2012 Food Swap at Portland Food Co-op!

All are welcome to join in this celebration of hand-made, homegrown, and locally foraged foods. Here are the details for this free, fun and delicious event:

When: October 21st from 4-5:30 PM
Where: Portland Food Co-op, 56 Hampshire St in Portland
Who: Open to the public, all are welcome. We will cap the participants at 35 so that we'll have space for all swappers, so please rsvp here­ to save your spot.
What: Swapping of homemade, homegrown, or locally foraged foods. Check these links for ideas and inspiration: https://www.facebook....­
You don't need to spend a lot of money, just creativity and time. Make sure that you put things into swappable containers. You can bring just a few things, such as a couple of jars of jam or a couple of bags of homemade granola, or you could bring several different items. It makes swapping easier when you have relatively uniform sizes: pint or quart jars, gallon bags, etc. Food Swaps are a great way to share your abundance, learn new recipes, and go home with lots of incredible treats.

We hope to see you there!
Jesse M.
user 25646832
Westbrook, ME
Post #: 15
Sounds awesome. I can't believe we've never heard of this. Will definitely be there!