addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Crafting/knitting/DIY gatherings

Crafting/knitting/DIY gatherings

A former member
Post #: 2
Hi all,

I used to do craft night with some girlfriends in Vermont, and am looking to share this tradition with the group. We used to do a variety of things together- knit, crochet, paint, make jewelry, but I'd like to make it open to whatever makes sense to the group.

My home is pretty small to host, but would a few people be willing to rotate hosting such an event? Are people interested in such a gathering?

I like the idea of keeping it open to the type of craft/activity, and having some type of potluck/food aspect as well : )

I also don't want to be gender specific-- want it to be inclusive however its pitched to the group.

Would love to hear from members of the group on this one!

A former member
Post #: 3
P.S. I was encouraged by a moderator to share this event idea with y'all.. please shout out if there's interest. Thanks!
Sylvan T.
user 11378950
Scarborough, ME
Post #: 10
YES I'm very interested!! Thanks for putting it out there, Christine. I would love to do this, and though our home is tiny, would be happy to be part of the hosting rotation. Fantastic!
Warmly, Sylvan
Anna S.
user 38488292
Portland, ME
Post #: 7
this sounds fun! I know others who would be interested too. Please keep me in the loop as you plan!

Lisa F.
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,221
I'll spread the word, too and then we can get something on the calendar when you are all ready.... monthly or whatever!
Amanda f.
user 57615792
Westbrook, ME
Post #: 1
I am interested, anyone know about basket weaving?
Kim H.
Raymond, ME
Post #: 1
Sounds like fun. Look forward to the first meeting.
Allison Carroll D.
Portland, ME
Post #: 8
I think this sounds great--but where are you all located? Are you thinking a Portland gathering? Any of you north of Portland? I'm in Brunswick.
user 9298467
Old Orchard Beach, ME
Post #: 70
I am interested, anyone know about basket weaving?

Are you looking for slat baskets or cordage baskets? I ask, because if you're interested in learning to weave a basket from something like reclaimed barn rope, I can show you how ; ).
Cat S.
user 29296252
Freeport, ME
Post #: 5
love the idea of using reclaimed materials! I often do so in my own work. I'm in Freeport and have a studio/workshop that I am happy to share from time to time. Keep me posted.