The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Carpool to Maine event?

Carpool to Maine event?

user 10297075
Portland, ME
Post #: 2
Would anyone like to organize a carpool from Portland to Unity for the meeting on Sunday the 28th? I have a car, but don't feel right burning the fuel all alone to go to this. Let's fill it up! Here's the info:

The time has come to ramp it up in Maine!

350 Maine has been actively supporting days of action and campaigns, while working with an eye to on-the-ground threats in our state. Now it’s time for us to activate the grassroots and stand firm as a group. Will you join us for 350 Maine's first statewide gathering in Unity?

WHAT: 350 Maine Statewide Gathering
WHEN: Sunday, October 28, 10:00-4:00
WHERE: Unity College Activities Building, Unity, ME

We need your ideas and your energy!

We'll talk about how the group makes decisions, expanding coalitions to confront climate change, skill building sessions, and working groups on media and policy. We'll also be preparing for Bill McKibben's Do the Math event in Portland on November 13, the 350 New England Convergence in Boston on November 17-18, and a 350 New England Day of Action in 2013.

This will be a brown-bag lunch event, and Unity College has generously offered to host us with coffee and tea. Hope to see you there, as we build a better future for the Pine Tree State and beyond.

For more information or to register for the statewide meeting, contact Read Brugger at or 207-382-6477. Don't forget to bring your friends and share the event on Facebook!