addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › One seed at a time, protecting the future

One seed at a time, protecting the future

A former member
Post #: 80
Greg M.
user 3541854
Acton, ME
Post #: 402
Thanks Rael, I particularly enjoyed seeing inside the Svalbard seed vault...loved the comment from Cary Fowler about spending some of the best days of his life in the doubt! TED talks can be so fun.

After watching these I did a TED search on "permaculture" and found a neat talk on using bacteria to cast stone from sand:­
How much nicer could that end up being than concrete. Some people have presented strong evidence that many of the stones in the Giza pyramids were cast, not quaried, limestone...maybe they used a method like this? I want to play!