add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › A Note About These Message Boards + Welcome Pam!

A Note About These Message Boards + Welcome Pam!

Lisa F.
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 108
Hi Everyone - As many of you know, I'm about to quasi-disappear into birth/motherhood mode any day now. It's all very exciting. I'm not sure yet how much I will/won't be able to be active on this site for a few weeks, but wanted to let you know that Pam has graciously agreed to help out as Assistant Organizer!!! Thanks Pam! (there's a link to Pam at left and you can contact her directly if needed). She and I will be talking this week about some logistics on upcoming events...

She'll be keeping an eye on details, perhaps moderating the message boards a bit, posting other "events of interest" to our calendar area if she hears about them, etc. Most importantly, she'll be helping with the April/May meeetups - that's what we're all about anyway...getting together, sharing good food and discussion, and learning about permaculture as a way to live more sustainably.

A few notes about this message board:

• Please please please feel free to post, even if you're new to the group or new to permaculture. This is meant to be a supportive, judgment-free zone to ask any question you want. We're a friendly bunch all learning together. All contributions are valued.
  • While some of us are more into the "live" aspect of meeting, learning, eating:) and so on, there are many signed up here that live too far away to participate at that level. Let's have the message boards be a support system for some of those far-away permaculture friends.
  • Meetup has offered us an option to use emailing lists to each other (kind of like the emails generated from yahoo groups or from a list-serv) rather than these message boards that you have to actively check. More on this topic soon, but you may want to look at­ and we can decide as a group (see POLLS area) whether to go this way).

Thanks for now! (and feel free to discuss:)