The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › pine pollen cones

pine pollen cones

Greg M.
user 3541854
Acton, ME
Post #: 410
http://www.youtube.co...­
Has anyone tried these? Arthur mentions that they taste nice. Also, those new needles are edible as well and make a nice tea. Doing a bit of reading I found that pine pollen is also used as a testosterone booster and is sold online for that.
Edward
user 73783162
Farmingdale, ME
Post #: 1
I have and I find them quite delicious. They have a sweet piney taste to them. They are high in vitamin C. White Pine iced tea with a little honey is one of my favorites. My 10 year old nephew, who has been learning plant identification and edibility at my knee for 3 or 4 years now, loves to eat the needles just off the tree as a nibble. Pine in general is a great survival food.
Greg M.
user 3541854
Acton, ME
Post #: 419
Edward, welcome to the group and thank you! Looking forward to trying them.
Franky
FrankyG
Thorndike, ME
Post #: 5
I consume pine pollen often (3x a week).. I make a blended drink of coffee, coconut oil, butter, male syrup, and pine pollen. Tastes great and with all the fat, keeps me sustained for hours. I was fortunate enough to be in California for the pin pollen harvest last year. Gathered about a pint of fresh pollen. Great stuff!