addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › quick and dirty clover planting

quick and dirty clover planting

francesco s.
user 3227838
Portland, ME
Post #: 55
Would anyone be willing to give me advice on getting rid of our lawn and planting a ground cover? We'll eventually plant semi-dwarf peach trees and hazelnut trees. Thanks David Whitten for the tree ideas. Where do we get the trees?

Do we place cardboard on the lawn, then dirt on the cardboard, then clover seeds? Where do we get clover seeds? I know where to get cardboard. I don't want to buy dirt, unless I have to. Do we till the soil? I don't want use carbon emitting machines. Any simple ideas?
Shawn M.
user 81283472
Kennebunk, ME
Post #: 2
You can get clover seeds at Agway (I know the Biddeford store has them) and Johnnys. The trees are available through Oikos and/or Fedco. As far as lawn removal, IF it is a strong lawn, you can cut it into strips and remove it.
Jesse M.
user 25646832
Westbrook, ME
Post #: 22
We've also found much cheaper clover seeds on Amazon.