addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Past Present Future

Past Present Future

A former member
Post #: 112
It seems self evident that if we do not understand where we are or how we got here, we stand little chance of making intelligent productive choices in the present to prepare for the future.

http://www.oftwominds...­
http://www.tomdispatc...­
http://www.charlieros...­
A former member
Post #: 113
In just 30 years: http://world.time.com...­
Dennis
user 87611852
New Gloucester, ME
Post #: 8
Hi Rael, it's bigger than that. The entire solar system is being affected by 'global warming'. For the next 3 to 7000 years, this solar system will be traveling through a galactic dust storm that is estimated to be 30 light-years across. Our solar system is a little less than two light-years across. The particles in the galactic cloud are estimated to be around 8000 degrees Fahrenheit and are highly energized. Google IBEX Ribbon. There is an enormous ribbon of energized, photonic particles that are affecting the atmospheres of all the planets, as well as the sun. Their chemistries are changing. Cambridge University scientists discovered in 2008?, that every 33 days, the atomic nuclei's decay rate is being affected. This means that the very fundamental nature of Nature, as we perceive it, is changing everything at an atomic level, this includes US.

The Earth's magnetosphere has been developing holes like Swiss-cheese, which mean higher exposure to cosmic radiation. Also, the Earth's magnetic poles are shifting. The magnetic north pole is half-way to Russia, and the magnetic south pole is heading towards Australia. Waaa-hoo!! I sound like Slim Pickins.

There's much, much more in store. So, stay tuned: Same bat-time same bat...oh, you get the idea. ;))

Peace,
Dennis
Dennis
user 87611852
New Gloucester, ME
Post #: 9
Hi Rael,

What empires? It is the illusion of empires, built upon a world with finite resources, which according to the following report from the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers, oil will be gone in 15 years or less. You have to start thinking for yourself and bring together all those who don't have a clue.

Google: Energy Trends and their implications for U.S. Army Installations (report)

Petroleum Trends (2005)

"...Supply of oil will remain fairly stable in the very near term, but oil prices will steadily increase as world production approaches its peak. The doubling of oil prices in the past couple of years is not an anomaly, but a picture of the future. Peak oil is at hand with low availability growth for the next 5 to 10 years.

Once worldwide petroleum production peaks, geopolitics and market economics will result in even more significant price increases and security risks. To guess where this is all going to take us is would be too speculative. Oil wars are certainly not out of the question. Disruption of world oil markets may also affect world natural gas markets as much of the natural gas reserves are collocated with the oil reserves."

This document came out in 2005, and fuel prices have since doubled. The report also indicated world-proved, oil reserves will last only another 37 - 52 years - that's if world demand does According to the report, a worldwide oil supply, should only be available for another 36 to 52 years, that's if the world demand for oil does not increase more than 2.1% every year. Unfortunately for the U.S., the Chinese and the Indian people are saying "the hell with the bicycles and the the rickshaws, we want to live like the Americans". And as to be expected, world demand has jumped somewhere in the ballpark to 18% and higher, by now. My math is a little rusty here, but I guess-timate available oil will run out in the next 15 to 20 years! We are already seeing the signs: the soaring costs of food, fuel, medicines, and services. How many wars is this country involved in, currently, all directly or indirectly involving oil-rich countries?

So, what happens to us after the oil is gone?

Arrival of the Post-Petroleum Human (interview Michael Ruppert) -- YouTube

http://www.youtube.co...­

...and then there is peak water.

wayne b.
Mainewayne
York, ME
Post #: 20
Hmm... Sounds apocalyptic. Maybe it's not quite so clear cut. I did Google and found this from Science Daily:

"This might mean that the Solar System could enter the million-degree Local Bubble cloud as early as the next century. "Nothing unusual, the Sun frequently traverses various clouds of interstellar gas during its galactic journey," comments Grzedzielski. Such clouds are of very low density, much lower than the best vacuum obtained in Earth labs. Once in, the heliosphere will reform and may shrink a little, the level of cosmic radiation entering the magnetosphere may rise a bit, but nothing more. "Perhaps future generations will have to learn how to better harden their space hardware against stronger radiation," suggests Grzedzielski. "

But I'd be interested in hearing if there is more authoritative information about changes in "the fundamental nature of Nature."

In the meantime, let's do something about man-made global warming. Serious enough, but something that humanity actually could do something about.

Hi Rael, it's bigger than that. The entire solar system is being affected by 'global warming'. For the next 3 to 7000 years, this solar system will be traveling through a galactic dust storm that is estimated to be 30 light-years across. Our solar system is a little less than two light-years across. The particles in the galactic cloud are estimated to be around 8000 degrees Fahrenheit and are highly energized. Google IBEX Ribbon. There is an enormous ribbon of energized, photonic particles that are affecting the atmospheres of all the planets, as well as the sun. Their chemistries are changing. Cambridge University scientists discovered in 2008?, that every 33 days, the atomic nuclei's decay rate is being affected. This means that the very fundamental nature of Nature, as we perceive it, is changing everything at an atomic level, this includes US.

The Earth's magnetosphere has been developing holes like Swiss-cheese, which mean higher exposure to cosmic radiation. Also, the Earth's magnetic poles are shifting. The magnetic north pole is half-way to Russia, and the magnetic south pole is heading towards Australia. Waaa-hoo!! I sound like Slim Pickins.