addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Jesse M.
user 25646832
Westbrook, ME
Post #: 23
Just wondering if anybody had an extra scoby they could give us. Ours seem to have petered out!
Wendy
user 9298467
Old Orchard Beach, ME
Post #: 80
I think I can help you smile.
Jesse M.
user 25646832
Westbrook, ME
Post #: 24
Awesome!
Lyra E.
user 9154175
Freeport, ME
Post #: 12
Did anyone else out there have this question: qu'est-ce que c'est "scoby" ????

: ) Lyra

Tyler O.
TylerOmand
Greenbush, ME
Post #: 10
My wife and I keep extra scoby's on hand in a "scoby" hotel, so we always have extra on hand. We will be in Portland Weds night if that is convienient for you and we could bring a scoby for you
Jesse M.
user 25646832
Westbrook, ME
Post #: 25
Thank you! I was gifted one though!
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,320
Lyra -
Symbiotic
Colony
Of
Bacteria and
Yeast
:)
Wendy
user 9298467
Old Orchard Beach, ME
Post #: 81
Lyra - The SCOBY is also called a "mother" or "mushroom", and it's used in the process of making Kombucha, which is a fermented tea drink purported to have health benefits.
Lyra E.
user 9154175
Freeport, ME
Post #: 14
Thanks for the explanations - my husband has been making kombucha at home for years, but I never had heard the term before!