addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Rocket Cook Stove

Rocket Cook Stove

Jonathan C.
user 13818542
Portland, ME
Post #: 13

The evolution of the rocket stove for cooking. Recycled baby jogger wheels to make it easy to roll around. New wok stand on top for hotter cooking. I used it two nights this week for stir frying and it works well. Used two loads of sticks to cook dinner and it kept the wok scorching hot the whole time.
Tyler O.
TylerOmand
Greenbush, ME
Post #: 70
AWESOME!!
Lisa F.
lisa.f.organizer
Group Organizer
Portland, ME
Post #: 2,392
Excellent! No tire rubber burny smell:) ????
Jonathan C.
user 13818542
Portland, ME
Post #: 14
The outside of the stove only gets hot to the touch not crazy hot. The insulating refractory bricks do their job and keep most of the heat in the burn zone within the chimney. There is also enough air space around the tires to keep things pretty cool.
Jonathan C.
user 13818542
Portland, ME
Post #: 15
Early morning pickle canning with the rocket stove. Faster than a gas stove and nicer to be out in the cool morning air.