The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Oct 4 Transition Gathering Homestay Sign up

Oct 4 Transition Gathering Homestay Sign up

Rachel L.
Rachellyn
New Gloucester, ME
Post #: 33
Hi there!

Would you be interested in hosting a Transition traveler for an overnight Oct 4?

We have a great opportunity to host Rob Hopkins on Oct 4, followed by a regional Gathering for New England Transition Towns and Resilience Resources on Oct 5! Many people will be coming from out of town, and out of state, for both events and will need accommodations. It would be great to provide travelers with some local contacts for homestays. It would also be wonderful to work with you all to welcome these world-changing folks with our own community sourced hospitality!

If you are going to the either gathering or not, if you can help set these folks up, it will be awesome! Even if you live outside Portland please consider being a host.

Here is the plan. We gather names and contact info for all homestay options we have. Then we give that list to everyone who is looking for accommodations. Then both parties can sort out the details.

If you are willing please complete this short form:
HOMESTAY HOST SIGN UP

We are looking for any of the following options let us know how many you can host and if you have any of the following available:

Parking for an RV
A couch
Floor space
A bed
A spare room
Tenting space on the lawn

Thank you for supporting attendance at these two awesome events!

Rachel Lyn
David L.
user 41803752
Portland, ME
Post #: 14
As a last resort, I MAY have space available in Gorham for lawn tenting or indoor floor space. It would have access to toilets (but not showers) and a kitchenette ( but not a stove), as its a commercial property. Lisa has seen it.
Jim S.
user 44116742
Limerick, ME
Post #: 11
we could offer space but we are one hour west of portland. it would be ideal for anyone coming over from new hampshire or southern vermont.
we have a big open room, with access to bathroom and kitchen, that has a futon and a couch in it, with plenty of floor space also.
Rachel L.
Rachellyn
New Gloucester, ME
Post #: 35
Hi Jim and Dave!

Thanks for the offers! Is there any way you can sign up for host a homestay? We are coordinating from two lists, one of hosts and one of homestay-needers and we are working straight from the lists.

Thank you!

Rachel Lyn
Rachel L.
Rachellyn
New Gloucester, ME
Post #: 36
Hi Jim and Dave!

Thanks for the offers! Is there any way you can sign up for host a homestay? We are coordinating from two lists, one of hosts and one of homestay-needers and we are working straight from the lists.

Thank you!

Rachel Lyn