The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › AGH Piglets for sale

AGH Piglets for sale

Jesse S.
user 29709632
Harrison, ME
Post #: 92
We've got 6 purebred American Guinea Hog piglets for sale, born 8/17, and will be weaned and ready for new homes mid-October. Organically pasture-raised. This breed is the perfect permaculture pig, in my opinion. Great farm workers and fertility spreaders, low feed requirements as they are smaller and slower growing than conventional pigs. Perfectly hardy for Maine winters in outdoor housing.
"The American Guinea Hog is the ideal sustainable heritage farm pig, known for its moderate size, excellent foraging abilities, friendly temperament, excellently flavored meat..." (AGHA
Awesome sweet and mild flavored lard- grow your own shortening! Also these have diverse parentage, so could be used for future breeding. They are a rare breed worthy of preservation. $100/per.
Thanks, Jesse
Jesse S.
user 29709632
Harrison, ME
Post #: 128
I still have some of last fall's litter available for sale, now bigger, healthy and growing nicely. Additionally, there is another litter on the way which should be weaned and ready for new homes in late May. These guys will till your fields, root up your stumps, dig ponds, fertilize and then provide tasty and nutritious pork upon harvest. Plus they are a lot of fun!