addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Elaine
user 3022592
Portland, ME
Post #: 79
Dear All,

It's encouraging to hear about this book! Georg Feuerstein is a scholar of great depth and reputation in the yoga world. Francis and I took a weekend workshop with him in Cambridge some years ago. It's a book we'll be getting.
Elaine

-----Original Message-----
From: Traditional Yoga Studies Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 3:37 PM
Subject: Green Yoga by Georg and Brenda Feuerstein

Dear Yoga Friend:

We would like to draw your attention to a book that many senior Yoga teachers have generously endorsed, simply because it is important to read.

GREEN YOGA is in fact a crucial book, which addresses the vital interrelationship between self-transformation and the preservation of our natural environment. It is must-reading for anyone seeking to practice Yoga or indeed any other spiritual tradition in a meaningful and responsible manner in the twenty-first century.

Here are some endorsements:

?My heart was bleeding when reading Green Yoga. I pray that everyone will read this book and start to serve Mother Earth, so that she may survive. I hope that at least Yoga practitioners, who have faith in the evolution of humankind, make it their mission to bring about the necessary transformation.? ?B. K. S. Iyengar

?This is one of those books that the mind does not want to read. Georg and Brenda pose the punch-you-in-the-gut question 'How realistic is it to expect to attain individual serenity in a troubled sociocultural and natural environment?' Then they go on to explain how we do this through a process they call '?sattvification,' which is a purifying that involves mindfulness and activism in relation to both the mind and the world. This book is a powerhouse. It is essential reading for Yogis and Yoginis who want to be part of the solution rather than a blind part of the problem. It is a challenge to act?Karma Yoga?not just sit on your butt in meditation.??Swami Jnaneshvara Bharati

?May Green Yoga echo around the world, and be taught in all Yoga classes so that those who practice Yoga in any form, . . . from Beijing to Delhi to New York, become a collective force to keep the planet fit for the habitation of all living beings. Thank you for the depth and detail of the message you have conveyed.?Swami Veda Bharati

?Green Yoga is a hopeful gift of keen intelligence and deep insight that calls us to a green lifestyle that can heal our world and the divisions between inner and outer, personal and collective transformation.??Duane Elgin, author of Voluntary Simplicity and Promise Ahead

?Last week, the United Nations sponsored a large meeting on climate change. I participated as delegate of one of the invited organizations. The subject of the Conference, the discussion that took place, and particularly a rapid reading of your wonderful new book, Green Yoga motivated me to dedicate the vignette of the week to the subject. I am sharing it with you. Congratulations on your needed Green Yoga Initiative. We need to involve more our yogis and yoginis in translating yoga values into their projected life in the community.??Germán A. Bravo-Casas, president of the United Nations Yoga Club

Green Yoga

5 ¼ x 8 ¼ paperback

164 pages

CAN $16.00 / US $16.00

Sets of 5 copies are only $50.00

Plus shipping and applicable taxes

Please check out our website at http://www.traditiona...­ and the Green Yoga video at http://www.traditiona...­

Kind regards,

Brenda and Georg Feuerstein