add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Resilience Hub & Portland Maine Permaculture Message Board › Learning Resiliency From Nature - Talk at Friends School of Portland

Learning Resiliency From Nature - Talk at Friends School of Portland

Jamien J.
Portland, ME
Post #: 1
Learning Resiliency From Nature
with Ecologist Tom Wessels
Sunday, October 27 at 4:30pm,
Friends School of Portland - Carter Hall
Mackworth Island, Falmouth, ME

For 3.8 billion years life on this planet has not only sustained itself; it has thrived. The very foundation of that success rests in the principle of self-organization. To create resilient, stable, human systems--whether an economy, organization, business, or family--we do not need to reinvent the wheel. We need only to follow the path that nature has charted. This presentation, which Tom titles Self-organization: The Key to Resiliency, will demonstrate how self-organization works in natural systems as a template to create healthy, sustainable, human systems. Join us to hear Tom's compelling talk. We're proud to have this dynamic teacher, writer and speaker here, connecting Friends School's sustainability efforts with cutting-edge thinking.

For more info: Learning Resiliency from Nature - Tom Wessels
about Tom

Side note: His book, Reading the Forested Landscape is spectacular!
Xiknawi M
user 8311780
South Portland, ME
Post #: 98
This should be special. Pieces from Reading the Forested Landscape were shared at a writer's circle I attended this summer, each a quiet gem.
Thanks Jamien!